1. the normal, non warring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
2. (often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism:
the Peace of Ryswick.
3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, especially in personal relations:
Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security:
He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.
7. a state of tranquillity or serenity:
May he rest in peace.
8. a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity:
the peace of a mountain resort.
9. silence; stillness:
The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon’s peace.
10. (initial capital letter, italics) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
11. (used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence).
verb (used without object), peaced, peacing.
12. Obsolete. to be or become silent.
13. at peace,
a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.
b. untroubled; tranquil; content.
14. hold /keep one’s peace, to refrain from or cease speaking; keep silent:
He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.
15. keep the peace, to maintain order; cause to refrain from creating a disturbance:
Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.
16. make one’s peace with, to become reconciled with:
He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.
17. make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.
Photo Credit: apropheticcall.com
It’s something we strive for.
Ironically too, some even fight for it.
What’s the saying?
“Fighting for peace, is like fucking for virginity”.
That’s how ridiculous fighting for peace is.
Peace on Earth.
Has it ever existed?
Not to my knowledge.
Will it ever exist?
I use to think so, now not so much.
Unless there is a major shift in awareness and responsibility.
Too many elements in play.
The great divide, the us versus them world collective, only seems to be getting greater.
Health, including the controversial subject of vaccination.
Diet, as in the foods we eat, not restriction.
Generally speaking, we’re divided on all of these and more.
We disagree on almost every topic.
That’s within the outer.
How about the inner.
Can we ever have peace on Earth, if we’re not willing to have peace within ourselves?
If there are parts of us we don’t like, despise, hate, loath, squash, hide and so forth, how can we ever create peace on Earth with others, our brothers, sisters, communities, fellow humans, if we’re not willing to have peace within ourselves.
Let alone our shadow, our darkness, the ugliness at times of who we be, what we do.
So many of us aren’t willing to embrace any part of that.
The non perfect part.
The repressed part.
The sad part.
Until we take full responsibility for ourselves, our complete beings and be at peace with all aspects of who we be and who we don’t be, we’ll never obtain peace on Earth, no matter what we do.
We are filled with an anger and rage, if someone doesn’t agree with our views, perspectives, values, beliefs, morals… How could they possibly not? Are they idiots?
We’re not willing to agree to disagree. Nor even understand how uniquely diverse we all are. What works well for one could be detrimental for another.
We’re not willing either to listen to each other’s points of view.
Nor are we willing to negotiate.
“It’s my way or the highway”.
We are closed minded.
Blinkers are on.
Talk to the hand.
Plus at times too, blinded by the light.
We’re conditioned, controlled, manipulated, questioned, sanctioned, segregated, separated, arrested, forbidden, imprisoned, medicated and yes at times too, killed, for not following the pack.
We are driven by fear.
We don’t move towards love.
We don’t move towards peace.
We don’t trust.
We don’t give thanks.
Why don’t we move towards love?
Why don’t we move towards peace?
Why don’t we trust?
Why don’t we give thanks?
Are you willing to love yourself unconditionally?
Your light and your dark, your successes and your failures, your fabulousness and your flaws?
I’m willing to love myself unconditionally.
I’m willing to love my light, my dark, my successes, my failures, my fabulousness and my flaws.
Are you willing to love others unconditionally too?
Their light and their dark, their successes and their failures, their fabulousness and their flaws?
Will you join me?
Will you move towards love to create peace?
Will you forgive?
Will you let go?
Will you love unconditionally, regardless of past experiences, exposures, hurts, hates, conditionings, etc,?
Will you embrace the light and the dark?
Will you carry gratitude in your heart?
We are it.
It is up to us.
For it begins with us.
Each and every one of us.